Livingston Enterprise

Posted September 26, 2012 at 2:38 pm

A woman was injured after a house fire three weeks ago.

On Tuesday, August 18, E-911 received a call of a house on fire at 826 Bilbrey Road. Randall and Cathy Harris owned the home. Cathy was home at the time of the fire broke out. She escaped the home with burns on her feet.

The home was a total loss. David Burchfield with the Fairgrounds Volunteer Fire Department said it was reported the fire started in the kitchen and spread quickly to other parts of the house. Cathy was in a different part of the house when the fire occurred. He added that the probable cause of the fire was a cooking object on the stove.

The house was fully engulfed by the time the Fairgrounds Fire Department arrived on the scene. A fire fighter from a different department was at a neighbor’s house and used a garden hose to help keep the vinyl siding wall of that home cool so it didn’t fall in.

Cathy was later admitted to the hospital for her injuries.