The Clinton County Grand Jury convened for its last regular session of the year last Monday, December 17 and handed down the following indictments in open Circuit Court before Judge David L. Williams.
* The alleged offenses of manufacturing methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance-first degree (meth) and unlawful possession of a meth precursor, against Jonathon A. Stuber, when on or about October 13, the defendant, with intent to manufacture, possessed two or more chemicals or items of equipment used in the manufacture of meth; possessed methamphetamine and possessed a meth precursor.
* The alleged offenses of possession of a controlled substance-first degree (meth), possession of drug paraphernalia, operating a motor vehicle while under the influence, and failure to maintain insurance, against Cindy G. Brummett, when on or about October 7, the defendant possessed methamphetamine; possessed drug paraphernalia; operating a motor vehicle while the alcohol concentration in the blood or breath was 0.08 or more; and failed to maintain insurance on a motor vehicle.
* The alleged offenses of receiving stolen property, obscuring the identity of a machine or other property (two counts), and possession of a meth precursor, against David Faught, when on or about October 5, the defendant retained or disposed of a 1994 Charger bass boat, with trolling motor and an EZ loader boat trailer, the movable property of David C. Guffey, property having a value of under $10,000; unlawfully possessed the boat trailer from which the serial number had been defaced or removed, and possessed a meth precursor.
* The alleged offenses of burglary-second degree and persistent felony offender-first degree, against Ricky Jones, when on or about October 24, defendant entered or remained unlawfully in the residence of Jonathan Blaesing with the intent to commit a crime and committed the offense after having been stood convicted of a prior felony within the last five years.
* The alleged offense of complicity to burglary in the second degree against Gabrielle N. Duvall, Rachel M. Myers-Jackson, William M. Reynolds and Tonya J. Conatser, when on or about October 24, the defendants solicited, commanded or engaged in a conspiracy with Ricky Jones to commit the offense of burglary in the second degree.
(Editor’s Note: An indictment is a statement of probable cause to believe an offense has been committed and further court proceedings are warranted. Those individuals named in an indictment are presumed innocent unless proven guilty in court.)