The 96th Clinton County High School commencement program will take place Friday night, May 24 at the CCHS gymnasium where approximately 95 high school seniors will say farewell and receive diplomas.
The program will begin with the recessional at 7 p.m. by the Clinton County High School Band, followed by the presentation of colors by the JROTC Senior Color Guard. The invocation this year will be given by Savannah Stockton.
Following a musical selection by the 2013 senior band members, the Salutatory Address will be delivered by Troy Butler. A musical selection entitled “You’re Gonna Miss It” will then be performed by Johnathan Copas, Ian Kelly, accompanied by Casey Bowlin, Noah Earwood, and Ryan Earwood.
The class history will then be delivered by the Class Historian Ryan Beard, followed by another musical selection, “Whenever You Remember” by Hannah Campbell and Beard, accompanied by Butler.
The Valedictory Address will then be given by the Kiley Hoppe, followed by the presentation of awards by CCHS Principal Sheldon Harlan.
After a slide show, “We Are” by the Class of 2013, Superintendent Charlotte Bernard will then present diplomas to the graduates. This will be followed by a tassel ceremony by class officers. The benediction will be given by Shana Beck and the ceremonies will close with the recessional by the CCHS band.
Following are some notes about this year’s Clinton County High School Class of 2013:
* Class motto: “We made our way by finding what was real.” – Daughtry
* Class flower: Psychedelic blue daisy.
* Class song: “September” by Daughtry.
* Class colors: Black, royal blue, and silver.
* Class officers: President-Leah Claborn; Vice-President-Ryan Beard; Secretary-Hailey Neal; Treasurer-Kiley Hoppe.
* Senior Student Council members: Leah Claborn, Ethan Cook, Frank England, Laura Groce, Destiny Guffey.
* Mr. and Miss Senior Class: Frank England and Paige Armstrong.
* Class sponsors: Angela Church, Jana Hatcher, Gina Poore, Tammy Denney, Kathy Hunter, Melissa Tallent, Michael Whittenburg, Martha Harlan, Lorie Musk, John Thomure.
This year’s commencement ushers (junior class members) are: Baylee Baker, Whitney Bookout, Clay Choate, Ethridge Delk, Alex Beard, Mariah Thompson, Noah Cummings, Lamon Tyler Hubbs, Cecily Beaty, Preslee Thrasher, Dustin Daley, Silas Speck.
Congratulations and best of luck to all of the CCHS Class of 2013 from the management and staff at the Clinton County News.