A small fire broke out Monday afternoon in the bathroom of the new tattoo shop, Studio 60, located on Cross Street and situated between the Cornerstone Restaurant and the Polka-Dot Shop.

Posted June 5, 2013 at 2:30 pm


SmokeDoorG.psd

The fire, according to Albany Fire Chief Robert Roeper, started in a trash can, apparently from a cigarette that had been placed there.

Roeper said there was no structural damage to the building or the buildings surrounding it, however, smoke quickly filled up both the Cornerstone Restaurant and the Polka-Dot Shop located on both sides of the tattoo parlor.

“Two walls in the bathroom were pretty burnt, but other than that, just some smoke damage to the other buildings was the only damage that occurred,” Roeper said.

No one was injured in the fire and the fire was extinguished quickly after the call came in at 1 p.m. Monday afternoon.

In the top photo, Albany Fire Department personnel arrived on the scene as owners and patrons from neighboring businesses watch from the sidewalk.

At left, fire department personnel set up a large exhaust fan in front of Studio 60 to remove smoke from the business.

CornerFireG.psd